Sunday, August 11, 2013

Judy Moody, Girl Detective (Book #9) by Megan McDonald

Judy Moody, Girl Detective (Book #9)Judy Moody, Girl Detective by Megan McDonald
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Judy Moody is in a mood playing detective and she is so obsessed with Nancy Drew mysteries. The entire book is peppered with the famous young sleuth's mysteries as Judy keeps referencing them. Now that my foreknowledge of Nancy Drew is only superficial and all the referencing actually perplexed me and I was lost sometimes. It is intimidating. Having said that, I enjoyed the read as there are many parts that had me in stitches like when Stink was trying to clog the toilet to give them a good reason to call up the suspect plumbers. Also, the part where Judy figured out how Mr Chips the dog was after chocolate-chip cookies and she set out making cookies trails to lure him. Every time I read Judy Moody, I become happier.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment